“She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: ‘Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.’ Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.”
Happy Mother’s Day to all the strong mothers out there, for enduring labour and raising us are equally painful. Today is a celebration of your strength, unconditional love, selfless nature and wisdom to raise us into adults. From the day that we are conceived in our mother’s wombs until forever, they begin investing in us emotionally, intellectually, spiritually and financially. Today’s blog post is in honor of all mothers, in hopes to make their role a little easier, here is a list of ten things that we do that mothers dislike.
1.When they are talking to us and we have earphones inside our ears, pretending to be listening but we are not. This is rude and drives them crazy.
2. When we come home late, this deprives them of peacefully going to sleep for instead they start imagining the worst scenarios to explain why we are not home yet.
3. When we go out without giving her details of where we are going. Moms love to know exactly where we are going and who we are going to be with just in case God forbid if anything bad happens.
4. When we hang out with bad influences, especially after they warn us about that friend group. Most likely, when they do not want us to hang out with certain people or do certain things, it’s for our own good and protection.
5. When we talk back thinking we know better, this is disrespectful and you need to remember your place in the relationship as the child and her as the mother. If you do not already know, mothers know best.
6. When we do not wash the dishes or help them clean the house in general. Mothers work nonstop all day, they are humans not robots, therefore it is important to help them out.
7. When they call our phones and we do not answer. When you have multiple missed calls from your mother, you know it is not going to be pretty when you finally call her back or return home. Another scenario that they detest is when we are home and they are calling us and we answer in a rude tone.
8. When they ask us to do something and we say yes but either take forever to do it, never do it or when we finally do it but don’t do it the right way so they then have to do it themselves. Moms find this super annoying and question why they even asked us to do it in the first place.
9. When we do not finish our food because we have eyes bigger than your stomach.
10. When we think that we are too cool to have a friendship with our mother. All in all, mothers just want a loving relationship with their children, therefore don’t loose that unshakeable love that you once had for your mother when you were a toddler.
As no child is perfect, hopefully, this Mother’s Day post motivates you to change certain habits that mothers dislike. This blog post is just a friendly reminder that we sometimes forget to treat our mothers with the love and respect that they truly deserve. Once again wishing all the beautiful mothers out there a Happy Mother’s Day because they are fearfully and fashionably made!
Xoxo, stay blessed
Follow my blog with Bloglovin