Hello summer! Hello friends, yes me and my blog are still alive. I know it’s been forever since I last posted and I am truly sorry. University got busy, then there were finals and after uni, I started working full time. Long story short, I fell out of the blogger writing mood but I am back now. Not a day went by that I wasn’t thinking about my blog and all of you. Although I was MIA, I was doing some planning and research behind the scenes to create better content for you all and to elevate my platform to where I want it to be by the end of 2018. Thank you for your understanding and continuous support. Alright now that I have explained myself, without further ado let’s get into today’s blog post. It’s a new season which means you know that I got yall covered with the latest fashion trends for summer. Spring and summer fashion trends often go hand in hand and if you read my last blog post, Top 20 Spring Fashion Trends, then you are pretty much set for summer. With that being said this blog post is 6 summer fashion Instagram must-haves that will elevate your summer outfits.
- Denim jacket. It’s a timeless closet essential for all four seasons, not just summer. A denim jacket can be worn on top of shirts, dresses, or jumpsuits. I love jackets because they complete any outfit. You can style a denim jacket with denim jeans for a denim on denim look or even with white jeans for a fresh and classic look. I personally believe you can never own too many denim jackets just because there are so many different fits, designs, washes of denim and colours. When picking out the perfect denim jacket for yourself, my tip would be to pick a size that gives you room to layer when summer is over.
- White button-down shirt. This is another closet essential that can be worn a thousand ways. If you follow me on Instagram then you already know how much I love me a good white button-down shirt. My secret to keeping my white button-down shirts from being stained by my brown foundation is that I literally own like 20 (no joke). It’s a classic staple that can be worn under or over clothes or even tied at the waist for a more relaxed look. You can easily dress down a white button-down shirt by styling it with a graphic tee or by the material you choose. The light/ linen material is less formal and much more breathable than a full cotton or silk material white button-down shirt. I plan on doing a white button-down shirt lookbook/ how to style blog post, so friends stay tuned if you are not still convinced that this a summer closet must-have.
- Straw bag. If you only had to buy one new purse this summer, then let it be a straw bag. It’s a trendy piece for the summer that I personally think will come back every summer for a long a time. A straw bag compliments perfectly a summer outfit or beach look. They come in all different types of shapes, sizes, and styles. There are lots of bucket bag straw bag styles that look amazing with casual outfits. Straw bags definitely make a statement and elevate your look because it’s a different type of purse option that people aren’t used to seeing. I recently bought a cute crossbody straw bag to style with my fancier summer outfits.
- Boater Hat. If you love wearing hats, then you must add a boater hat into your collation this summer. It’s a classic summer hat that every fashion blogger and their mothers have been rocking on Instagram. The straw boater hat does give off vacation/ European vibes which makes it the perfect hat to wear on vacation. Even if you aren’t traveling anywhere fancy, I still think this hat needs to be rocked at your local beach instead of the big floppy sunhat.
- Gold necklace. Another accessory that has been trending all over Instagram is layered gold necklaces. If you are on team gold jewelry, then this trend is perfect for you. Layered gold necklaces look beautiful worn on top of t-shirts or with summer dresses. For a less bohemian look then just wear one gold necklace instead of doing the whole layering multiple gold necklaces, which looks effortlessly chic.
- Cool sunnies. If you want to elevate your look to a certain level of coolness, then pick out the dopest sunglasses that you can find. Some of the summer 2018 sunglasses styles that are on trend are extreme cate eye frames, small round frames, and colour tinted lenses. Protect your eyes with cool sunglasses while looking very stylish.
Alright, those are the 5 summer 2018 fashion Instagram staples that will elevate your outfits this summer. Thanks for reading today’s blog post. In the comment section down below let me know what is your favourite summer fashion trend that you will be rocking this summer. I wish you all a great and fashionable summer, and remember that you are ALL fearfully and fashionably made!